Compliance with Law and Regulations
We comply with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information of Japan and other applicable laws and regulations regarding our use of personal information.
Security Control Measures
We take appropriate Security Control Measures (including physical, technical, and administrative measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access, loss, destruction, modification, leakage, etc. We also take appropriate human-based security control measures for personal information such as providing education and awareness-raising training on personal information protection for all board members and staff who deal with personal information.
Disclosure of Personal Data to Third Parties
Except as provided below, we will not disclose your personal data to any third party other than our authorized partners without your prior permission:
- where required by law,
- where it is necessary to protect the lives, bodies and properties of individuals in situations where we are unable to obtain your prior express consent,
- where it is reasonably necessary to prevent a threat to public health or to provide a sound education for children, in situations where we are unable to obtain your prior express consent, and
- when we are required to cooperate with a government agency, public authorities or other institution in the execution of matters prescribed by law, and obtaining your consent may interfere with execution of such matters.
Personal Information Handling Practices
GALLEON Online Shop will not collect personal information by unlawful or unfair means. It will explicitly specify the purposes of collecting personal information to the best possible extent. Except where required by law, it will use your personal information with your prior consent, only within the scope of intended purposes. The followings are specific purposes that GALLEON Online Shop collects personal information:
- To operate memebrship system for GALLEON Online Shop,
- To ship our products, etc.,
- To provide customer support,
- To deliver our e-newsletters and e-notices,
- To provide reward points, coupons, etc.,
- To introduce, advertise, market, and endorse our products and services (including in-store promotions),
- To plan a promotional campaign and conduct a questionnaire survey (including in-store promotions),
- To conduct marketing activities in a form in which the individual is not identified,
- To settle payments,
- To communicate with our customers about orders and prevent a crime (e.g. phone call recording), and
- To provide other contents related to our products/services/activities.
Shared Use of Personal Information
We may share your personal information with our affiliate companies in the ways that are described below. In all such cases, we take appropriate measures to protect your personal information.
- Personal information to be shared:
Name, address, birthday, gender, phone number, e-mail address, and any other information provided to us
- Our affiliate companies with which we share your personal information:
Kobe Bussan Foods Co.
Ostern Foods Co., Ltd.
Termeltfoods Co., Ltd.
Kobe Bussan Eco Green Hokkaido Co., Ltd.
Hata Foods Co., Ltd.
Masuzen Co., Ltd.
Nikunotaiko Co., Ltd.
Miyagiseifun Co., Ltd.
Mugipankoubou Co., Ltd.
Green Poultry Co., Ltd.
Coffee Mame Koubou Co., Ltd.
Toyota Nyugyou Co., Ltd.
Sekihara Sake Brewery Co., Ltd.
Kikukawa Co., Ltd.
Asabikiwakadori Co., Ltd.
- Purposes of sharing your personal information:
- To conduct market researches and data analysis to innovate and develop new products and services
- To introduce our products and services via direct mail or other channels
- To transfer and route your inquiry on our products/services to a responsible representative of our affiliate company
- To communicate with our customers in an effective and smooth manner
- Responsible company for the shared use of personal information:
Kobe Bussan Co. Ltd.
Continuous Improvement of System Management Approaches
We review and strive to improve our system management approaches for personal information protection on a regular basis to enhance the protection of personal information.
Some of our web pages (at https://www.galleon-en.shop/store/) use a technology called "Cookies" to provide an enhanced customer service experience. Cookies are messages that Web servers pass to your Web browser when you visit Internet sites. These cookies do not collect any personal information. You can prevent cookies from being stored via the corresponding setting in your browser; however, please be aware that you may not be able to experience the full features of our website.
Inquiry on Personal Information
If you have any questions about our policy on personal information protection, please email us through the Contact Us form.