Terms & Conditions
KOBE BUSSAN Co., LTD. ("KOBE BUSSAN", "we", "us" or "our") owns and manages the GALLEON Online Shop website at https://www.galleon-en.shop/store/ ("Website") in a smooth and appropriate manner.
We have developed this Terms and Conditions to provide a highly convenient online shopping service (" Service(s)") to all customers who have and have not registered for membership as well as who use this website without login.
 Service Agreement
If you do not agree to all these terms, please refrain from accessing or using this Website.
 Scope and Modification
1. This Terms and Conditions shall be applied to all users defined in the clause  below as well as to KOBE BUSSAN in connection with offering and using the services on this website.
2. Without prior agreement from users, we may modify this Terms and Conditions (including eliminating or ceasing to offer reward points/coupons, and changing the conversion ratio and offering rate of reward points). Any such modification shall be effective immediately upon posting of the modified Terms and Conditions on this website.
1. A "User" is an individual who visits our website or makes purchases as a member of the GALLEON Online Shop as well as who visits our website or makes purchases without login or registering for membership.
2. The user shall provide accurate information in every required field of the order form etc. so as to make product purchases on this website.
3. Anyone under the age of 20 must have their parent's or legal guardian's full consent to use the services on this website.
4. Each user must be an individual who lives in Japan. Please note that we deliver products only within Japan. We are unable to deliver to any overseas destinations.
 Use of Website
1. Users may only use the services in accordance with this Terms and Conditions.
2. We may change the contents of the services provided on this website without prior notice to users; we are not liable for any damages or losses resulting from their use of this website.
 Membership Agreement
1. A "Member" is an individual who accepts this Terms and Conditions and applies membership on our website in accordance with our current procedures.
2. "Membership Information" refers to information concerning member attributes, member transaction history, and other relevant information disclosed to us by the member.
3. The Membership Agreement specified in the clause  applies to all members and must be adhered to at the time of and after the registration process.
1. Membership Qualifications
Users may be given membership by accepting this Terms and Conditions and completing a membership registration form. Membership registration must be completed by the individual becoming a member. Registrations on behalf of third parties are not allowed.
We may refuse the membership registration application from an individual whose membership has been suspended or canceled in the past, or in case of an application that was deemed inappropriate.
2. Registration of Membership Information
Please read the registration guidelines carefully before filling in all required fields on the registration form. Special characters, old-style Kanji and Roman numerals cannot be used for the member registration.
3. Password Management
(1) Passwords may only be used by the member himself/herself and may not be transferred or lent to a third party.
(2) Passwords must be changed regularly to avoid unauthorized use, and must be managed responsibly by the member himself/herself.
(3) We may treat all activities conducted with the password as activities that have been conducted by the member himself/herself, and all resulting payments are the responsibility of the member.
[6-3] Membership Services
We provide the following membership benefits and services (collectively, the "Membership Services") to GALLEON members:
1. Reward points that can be earned on each purchase and redeemed on future purchases;
2. Multiple delivery addresses that can be set up in My Page;
3. Purchase history that is available in My Page;
4. Wish list that records all favorite products; and
5. Plenty of opportunities to take advantage of discount coupons and other promotional campaigns.
[6-4] Reward Points
We offer GALLEON Online Shopping points ("Point(s)") for members.
1. Awarding of Reward Points
(1) Points are earned on purchases of all products made at GALLEON Online Shop at a conversion rate or percentage determined by us in our sole discretion.
(2) Point conversion rate or percentage may vary depending on the products ordered. Some special offer products may be excluded from discounts and points.
(3) All earned points can be used only for purchases at GALLEON Online Shop.
(4) We reserve the right to determine all Terms and Conditions with respect to the earning points, point conversion rate or percentage, timing when to award points, invalidation of points, timing when to invalidate points, and in all cases, the member shall agree to comply with our decisions.
(5) Once an order is accepted by us, reward points will be granted after a certain period of time specified by us.
(6) Fees such as delivery charges, cash on delivery charges, and the amount of product price redeemed by earned reward points will be excluded from the amount of eligible transactions.
(7) If an order made on the website is canceled or returned before the reward points are credited to the member, the reward points applied to the order will become void.
(8) We have the right to adjust the point balance on the member's account if there has been an improper credit of points to the member's account due to a point program error.
2. Use of Reward Points
(1) The earned reward points can be redeemed to pay all or part of eligible purchases made at GALLEON Online Shop (including product costs, delivery charges and 8% consumption tax) at the rate of 1 point for every ¥1 spent.
(2) Without prior notice to the member, we may reduce the variety of products or services that are redeemable with rewards points, and may apply other terms and conditions to the use of reward points. In either cases, the member shall agree to comply with our decisions.
(3) Reward points can be used only on purchases made at the GALLEON Online Shop.
(4) Reward points can be redeemed from a minimum of 1 point and up to the total amount of ordered products (including product costs, delivery charges and 8% consumption tax) in any one checkout.
(5) The member will be deemed to have redeemed reward points if his/her email address and associated password are correctly entered to his/her account on the website. Even if an unauthorized use by a third-party has occurred, we will not be liable nor refund any reward point to the member as long as his/her email address and associated password are correctly entered to his/her account on the website.
(6) If the member cancels or returns a product after redeeming reward points to pay for a product, the redeemed points will be returned in accordance with the terms on this website, but not redeemed for cash. The returned points will be credited back to the member's account that was used for the original purchase.
(7) For some reason if purchase costs are reduced after the member redeemed points to pay all or part of the purchase costs, as a general rule, we will take necessary procedures to deposit back the reduced amount of purchase costs that was withdrawn using the selected payment method other than points redemption, or we will return the redeemed points in cash. Nonetheless, if the amount to be returned is insufficient, we will return such amount in the form of reward points in accordance with clause [6-4]2.(6) above.
(8) If purchase costs are increased for some reason after the member redeemed points to pay the purchase costs, the member shall pay the increased amount of purchase costs via any payment method other than points redemption. The member shall agree in advance that the transactions will be on hold unless the increased amount of purchase costs are paid by the member.
(9) Once reward points are redeemed, they can not be reinstated under any circumstances.
(10) We and our website reserve the right to impose limitations on the usage of reward points, including but not limited to the lower and upper limits on how many reward points may be used per order. Furthermore, there may be cases where these limitations may be changed or added to without prior notice. In all cases, the member shall agree to comply with our decisions.
3. Point Expiration and Forfeiture
(1) GALLEON reward points expire one (1) year from the last purchase date.
(2) If users do not purchase anything for one (1) year after they earned the points last time, the points accumulated in the account shall be voided.
(3) Once points expire, they may not be used for rewards purposes.
(4) We are not responsible or liable for any expired rewards points.
4. Point Balance
(1) Rewards point balance and transaction history can be checked at any time in "My Page" on this website.
(2) Updating the information in "My Page" may take a while to complete.
(3) For any inquiries on point balance, please contact us using the "Contact Us" form on the website. Please note that the final decision lies with us and this website, and the member shall not dispute such decision.
5.Invalidation of Points
(1) If an order is canceled or returned after reward points have been issued, we will deduct those points from the member's account, or deduct an amount equivalent to such points from the refund amount for such returned product. If those points in the member's account or the refund amount are insufficient to cover the points to be deducted, we may charge the member for the difference.
(2) Should we determine in our sole discretion that the member has some points that are invalid due to unlawful or fraudulent activity, or breach of this Terms and Conditions and any rules described in the Shopping Guide, we may deduct such invalid points from the member's account or charge the member for the amount equivalent to the invalid points.
(3) We and this website are not responsible in any way whatsoever for any damages or compensation whatsoever for invalid points.
6. Distribution of Point Information
The member shall agree in advance that the information on GALLEON reward points or related matters (including but not limited to the current point balance, point expiration date, and important notices regarding reward points) can be distributed to the member via direct mail or through an electronic communication from Us or this website (either via e-mail or through posts on this website).
[6-5] Additional Terms
(1) Reward points cannot be exchanged for cash under any circumstances.
(2) The member is strictly prohibited to change the point owner's name, make sales and purchase transactions using the points, pledge the points as collateral, or lend, resell and assign the points to a third party.
(3) Only the member who earned the reward points may use those points. We will not accept third-party users.
(4) Reward points may not be combined from multiple accounts for redemption purposes.
(5) Should we determine in our sole discretion that the member is not eligible to use points due to unlawful or fraudulent activity, or breach of this Terms and Conditions and any rules described in the Shopping Guide, we may invalidate such points and charge the member for the amount equivalent to the invalid points. In either cases, the member shall agree to comply with our decisions.
(6) In cases of unlawful or fraudulent activity, breach of this Terms and Conditions and any rules described in the Shopping Guide, or any other cases related to improper use of points, we may deduct the concerned points from the member's account or charge the member for the amount equivalent to the concerned points.
(7) Reward points can be redeemed only under the conditions and by the means specified by us and this website (including as provided in this Terms and Conditions). It is strictly prohibited to use reward points through means that are against our point policy and terms.
(8) If it turns out that the information we received on this website was false or inaccurate, we reserve the right to forfeit rewards points accumulated in the account, unless the member is able to provide sufficient objective evidence.
[6-6] Coupon Code
We occasionally offer coupon codes that members can use to pay for products. Members shall agree in advance to the following conditions before redeeming coupon codes:
1. Coupon codes are discount codes that the member can use to purchase products at GALLEON Online Shop.
2. We reserve the right to determine all Terms and Conditions with respect to distribution of coupon codes, timing when to distribute coupon codes, invalidation of coupon codes, timing when to invalidate coupon codes, and in all cases, the member shall agree to comply with our decisions.
3. Each coupon code has a different expiration date, a different minimum/maximum order to qualify (excluding service charges and delivery fees), and a certain amount of times it can be used. Before using the coupon codes, make sure to read the fine print first.
4. Without prior notice to the member, we may reduce the variety of products or services that are redeemable with coupon codes, and may apply other terms and conditions to the use of coupon codes. In either cases, the member shall agree to comply with our decisions.
5. Coupon codes can be used only on purchases made at the GALLEON Online Shop.
6. When we have provided members with the instructions on how to obtain coupon codes, such as clicking on a given website page or typing a URL, members shall obtain coupon codes in accordance with our predetermined procedures.
7. Members may use coupon codes in accordance with our requirements only if they meet our conditions on the use of coupon codes.
8. The member will be deemed to have redeemed coupon codes if his/her email address and associated password are correctly entered to his/her account on this website. Even if an unauthorized use by a third-party has occurred, we will not be liable nor refund any coupon code to the member as long as his/her email address and associated password are correctly entered to his/her account on this website.
9. If the member has completed a purchase order without using a coupon code, and if the provision specified in  4. below applies, the member cannot request us and this website to cancel the purchase order for the mere purpose of using a coupon code. The member also may not use a coupon code if he/she typed it in an incorrect field.
10. We may cease providing all or part of coupon codes or take appropriate measures in our sole discretion if any of the following applies to the member:
(1) if it turned out after we have granted coupon codes, that the member does not meet the conditions to be granted coupon codes;
(2) in the event that the member is found to be involved in illegal acts, misconduct, or any cases that are strongly suspected of having committed those acts;
(3) in case where the member violates this Terms and Conditions, Membership Agreement, and other terms or rules specified by us; or
(4) if otherwise we deem it appropriate to cancel a coupon code granted to the member.
11. We are not responsible for reissuing or compensating any canceled or invalid coupon codes, irrespective of the form or pretext.
12. Failure to use coupon codes within the given validity period will automatically mean forfeiture of the issued coupon codes.
13. Coupon codes cannot be exchanged for cash under any circumstances.
14. Coupon codes may not be transferred or pledged to any third party. Only the member who is granted a coupon code may use it. We will not accept third-party users.
15. Coupon codes may not be combined from multiple accounts for redemption purposes.
16. The number of times that a coupon code can be used is started to count when the member has correctly entered his/her email address and associated password on this website. If the member canceled a purchase order before the conditions specified in  4. below is met, the number of times that a coupon code can be used is automatically set back to the previous status.
17. If the order total goes below the minimum qualifying amount to apply a coupon code due to cancel, return or unavailability of the products, or if a product that applies to coupon code is canceled or returned, the benefits of coupon codes will be invalidated in the sales and purchase transactions between the member and us. Such invalid coupon code will be included in the coupon redemption count. If the member wishes to eliminate the count of invalid coupon codes, the member must inform us using the "Contact Us" form on this website.
18. Should we determine in our sole discretion that the member is not eligible to use coupon codes due to unlawful or fraudulent activity, or breach of this Terms and Conditions and any rules described in the Shopping Guide, we may invalidate such coupon codes and charge the member for the amount equivalent to the invalid coupon codes. In either cases, the member shall agree to comply with our decisions.
19. In cases of unlawful or fraudulent activity, breach of this Terms and Conditions and any rules described in the Shopping Guide, or any other cases related to improper use of coupon codes, we may cancel, suspend, or revoke the use of coupon codes and the transactions made with coupon codes.
20. Due to any reason specified in the clause [6-6] 10. or [6-6] 18. above, if coupon codes became invalid after member used them to pay the order price, we may cancel or suspend the sales and purchase transactions that involve the coupon codes. If the sales and purchase transactions have already been or are about to be processed, the member shall immediately pay us the shortfall fee caused by the cancelation of coupon code either in cash or in the payment method that we provide.
21. Coupon codes can be redeemed only under the conditions and by the means specified by us and this website (including as provided in this Terms and Conditions). It is strictly prohibited to use coupon codes through means that are against our coupon policy and terms.
22. If it turns out that the information we received on this website was false or inaccurate, we reserve the right to cancel and invalidate coupon codes at any time, unless the member is able to provide sufficient objective evidence.
1. If a member modifies his/her name, address, or any other information registered with us, the member is responsible for promptly notifying us of any changes to personal contact information.
2. We bear no responsibility for any loss or damage arising from incomplete registration. The members should be aware that, even if the registration change has been made, the transactions that have already been processed before the changes are made will be processed based on the information provided prior to the change.
[6-8] Cancellation of Membership
If a member wishes to withdraw their membership, they should notify us of their intent to withdraw in the prescribed manner. A withdrawal becomes effective upon completion of the prescribed withdrawal procedure.
Upon withdrawal, members shall lose all rights to benefit as a member, and consequently, they will forfeit all accumulated reward points and waive the right to receive all of the member's benefits; in that case, they shall acquire no rights to claim to us. Additionally, if a member registers for GALLEON Online Shop again after withdrawal, all forfeited points will not be reinstated.
[6-9] Membership Termination and Indemnification
1. We shall have the right to terminate any membership in our sole discretion without prior notice, if a member violates the Prohibited Conduct set forth in the clause , or if one of the conditions set forth in the clause  is applicable to the member.
2. We are not responsible in any way whatsoever for any damage, loss, or disadvantage directly or indirectly caused to the member or a third party as a result of termination of their membership.
3. The member is obliged to compensate us for all damage that we suffer, if a member violates the Prohibited Conduct set forth in the clause , or if one of the conditions set forth in the clause  is applicable to the member.
[6-10] Handling of Membership Information
1. As a general rule, we do not disclose any personal information about our members to any third parties without obtaining prior consent from the members. However, in the following cases, we may disclose personal information and other information collected from the members to third parties, in our sole discretion without prior notice:
(1) if we are required to do so by law;
(2) in the event it is necessary to protect people's lives, bodies or properties, and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person;
(3) when it is particularly necessary for improving public health or promoting the sound development of children and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the member; and
(4) in cases where it is necessary for a national agency or a local public entity or a person receiving a consignment to cooperate in carrying out the affairs prescribed by laws and regulations, by obtaining the consent of the principal.
(1) informing the member about upcoming sale, events and promotional campaigns;
(2) to provide the member with our services such as shipping products, charging the purchase price of products, awarding reward points;
(3) to conduct a questionnaire regarding our products and services;
(4) assisting the member with queries and documentation requirements;
(5) distributing our e-newsletters;
(6) to provide our services or other offerings in a safe and secure manner (including sending a notice to the members that they have breached this Terms and Conditions, identifying and preventing illicit activities such as computer fraud and unauthorized access to our services, corresponding to such illicit activities); and
(7) to carry out statistical analysis without tracking personally identifiable information in order to improve product development, marketing activities and other services.
3. We may provide the member with information (including advertising) through our e-newsletters or other communications. If the member does not wish to receive such information, the member will need to notify us of his/her intention in the prescribed manner so that we are able to unsubscribe from our list. Please note that we are unable to cease distributing any information that is essential for the operation of our services even if the member wishes not to receive it.
 Services Provided to Users
1. We shall provide services that are reasonably available on the website where we are providing services.
2. We may change, add or discontinue all or any part of the services at any time for any reason without prior notice.
3. We shall send the members an e-mail notice to the specified e-mail address, whether or not they have subscribed to our e-newsletter, acknowledging an anomalous event such as service outage, server corruption, or other security issues that we consider critical to delivering reliable services. Any such e-mail notice does not include information regarding advertising or promotional campaigns.
 Placing an Order for Products
1. Users may purchase our products though the services.
2. When a user purchases a product, they must read and check the product details we provide, any information registered by themselves, our important notice when they place an order, and the conditions set forth in this Terms and Conditions.
3. When a user wishes to purchase a product, they shall make an offer to purchase products in accordance with the procedures specified on this website.
4. The purchase and sale contract between the user and us shall be deemed to enter into effect when an email that acknowledges we have shipped out your orders (the Shipping Confirmation email) has been delivered to the user's email server in a readable format, after the user clicked on the "Place Order" button once they had confirmed the registered delivery addresses, order details and other information. Additionally, the purchase and sale contract between the user and us shall be deemed to enter into effect when an email reply from the user to confirm additional delivery charges (the Delivery Charge Changed email) has been delivered to our email server in a readable format, when the ordered products are:
- shipped separately according to stock availability and product size;
- delivered to multiple addresses; or
- shipped to Okinawa and certain remote islands.
The "Order Acknowledgement" email (with the subject line "Thank You For Your Order") you receive when your order was placed is an auto-response message. This email does not constitute the formation of a contract, but is our acknowledgement of your offer of purchase of product(s).
5. Users shall agree in advance that we will require additional processing time for backordered items, or cancel a purchase order if a product is out of stock or unavailable.
6. The product price displayed on this website is the purchase price applied at the moment when it is displayed on the website. This means that the price may vary from the price shown at the time the purchasing process is started. In the event the product price has been changed, such changes shall apply only to the transactions made after such price change. Please note that we shall in no way make any compensation or discounts with regard to the transactions made prior to such a price change.
7. Users shall agree in advance that we may cancel the purchase and sale contract between the user and us if the price displayed on this Website differs from the actual sale price due to some human error.
8. Once the purchase and sales contract is in place between the user and us, we shall make arrangements to deliver our products and services according to the order details provided by the user. Users shall agree in advance that product delivery may be delayed due to remote location or courier issues.
9. We shall deliver our products and services only within Japan.
10. Users shall agree in advance that they may not change or cancel an order for any personal reason once the conditions prescribed in the clause  4. has been met.
11. Notwithstanding the provisions in the preceding paragraph, we may cancel or revoke the purchase and sale contract between the user and us or take appropriate measures in our sole discretion in the event of any of the following applying to the user:
(1) in the event that the user is found to be involved in illegal acts, misconduct, or any cases that are strongly suspected of having committed those acts;
(2) where product delivery is difficult due to an incorrect delivery address; or
(3) if we recognize that the user is in a serious financial situation at risk of being unable to make a payment.
12. Only those over the age of 20 may purchase alcohol products through this website. We do not sell alcohol products to anyone under the legal age of 20 years old. Users shall agree in advance that we may confirm whether or not they have reached the minimum legal drinking age.
 Payment Methods
1. The user shall pay the total amount of purchase orders including 8% consumption tax plus the amount of delivery charges and other fees.
2. All products ordered through GALLEON Online Shop may be purchased either by a credit card issued to the user in whose name the card account is maintained (primary cardholder) or by cash on delivery.
3. The chosen payment method may not be changed.
4. If the user is paying by credit card, payments are subject to the following conditions:
(1) the total amount of purchase orders shall be paid using a credit card issued by a credit card company that we have approved, in accordance with the Membership Agreement stipulated by credit card company;
(2) if the user choose credit card as a payment method, the user shall comply with the terms and conditions that are applicable between the user and the credit card company;
(3) should a dispute arises between the credit card company and the user in connection with the use of a credit card, it shall be solved between the two parties involved, without the interference of us; and
(4) We are not responsible in any way whatsoever for any loss or damage arising from problems regarding the use and security of credit card numbers or due to unauthorized use of credit card.
 Ownership of Products
All products purchased through this website shall comply fully with the contract on delivery. The risk and ownership of the products pass from us to the user at the time when the product is delivered to the user by carrier, regardless of payment and delivery methods. This shall also apply if there is a storage facility for keeping the products delivered by courier service (such as a home delivery box) at the specified delivery address.
 Return, Exchange and Cancellation Policy
1. As a general rule, we will not accept any return or exchange at GALLEON Online Shop, except in the following cases:
(1) if the product was defective;
(2) if the product was damaged during delivery;
(3) if the wrong product was delivered; and
(4) other conditions or situations that we have accepted as uncontrollable events.
2. The product shall be returned, exchanged or canceled in accordance with the "Notation based on the Specified Commercial Transaction Act", "Shopping Guide", and "Return, Exchange and Cancellation Policy" that we have separately specified. The user shall return or exchange the product within a maximum of eight (8) days from the receipt of the product (including the day the user received the product). Request for order cancellation shall be made before the conditions specified in the clause  4. has been met. We do not accept any return/exchange/cancellation of product unless we have received prior notice from the user.
3. Even if the user wishes to replace a product with a new or equivalent product, we may not be able to do so due to unavailability of products or other reasons. In such event, we shall refund to the user the price of the products purchased.
4. Delivery charges to return or exchange products cannot be refunded unless it was an error on our part, such as a defective product or delivery to incorrect addresses. On other occasions, the user shall bear the delivery charges for return or exchange of products.
 Prohibited Conduct
When using this website, the user shall not conduct the actions stated below. When one of the following conditions exists, we may cease providing our services, refuse to process any future transactions, or cancel the membership. The user shall be obligated to compensate any damages caused by violating the prohibited activities described below:
(1) intentionally providing false or misleading information when registering;
(2) intentionally disturbing the operation of our services or potentially interrupting any other services;
(3) unauthorized use of email address, password, and credit card;
(4) activities that infringe or may infringe the rights, profits, properties, trusts or honors of the members, users, any third party and us;
(5) activities that infringe or may infringe the trademark right, intellectual property rights of products, copyright, personality rights in a name or portrait, privacy rights, and other right of the members, users, any third party and us;
(6) activities that disrupt or may disrupt public order and morality or that violates or may violate laws and legal regulations;
(7) repeatedly returning or exchanging products for personal reasons;
(8) refusing to receive purchased products without reasonable excuse;
(9) activities that intentionally making a profit;
(10) activities that use or provide a harmful program, such as a computer virus;
(11) criminal activities or any activity leading to crime;
(12) activities that violate law and regulations;
(13) activities that can create a reason for preventing product purchase; or
(14) all other activities that we deem inappropriate.
 Suspension of Providing the Services
1. We may cease providing the services without giving prior notice to the users if any of the following applies to them:
(1) in the event it is found that the user has violated this Terms and Conditions in the past;
(2) in the event that the user fails to make payment of monies on time in connection with the service or in the event of any other non-performance of obligations;
(3) in situations we have doubts about the user's ability to make any payment;
(4) when a package has failed to be delivered due to an incorrect address or a long absence from home;
(5) when the prohibited matter specified in this Terms and Conditions has been done by the user;
(6) when the user breaches any other obligation under this Terms and Conditions;
(7) when we cannot make contact with the user despite of using the whole range of communication means.
2. We are not responsible in any way whatsoever for any damage, loss, or disadvantage directly or indirectly caused to the user or a third party as a result of ceasing to provide the services due to the reasons specified in the clause  1. above.
 Suspension of Services
1. We may cease all or part of the services without giving prior notice to users when one of the following conditions exists:
(1) conducting any periodic or urgent maintenance or repairs with respect to system failures;
(2) conducting installation, maintenance, and repair work of the facilities used for product purchase;
(3) the services cannot be provided by telecommunications carriers due to a fire, power outage, communication line failures or interference by third party computer;
(4) the service cannot be provided due to natural disasters such as earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, floods, or tsunami;
(5) the service cannot be provided due to a cataclysmic disruption such as war, upheaval, insurrection, and riot; or
(6) when we deem it necessary to shut down the system.
2. We are not responsible in any way whatsoever for any damage, loss, or disadvantage directly or indirectly caused to the user or a third party as a result of cancelling the purchase order or limiting the number of products being sold due to the reasons specified in the clause  1. above.
 Violation of Third Party Rights
In the event that the user infringes the rights of third parties as a result of purchasing a product or service from us, which may lead to a loss or damage to a third party, the user shall resolve the problem at its own cost and responsibility. Should the dispute be resolved through our sincere efforts, the user shall bear the cost of resolving the dispute (including the attorney's fees) and expenses incurred to third parties.
(1) The user shall understand that all images, designs, texts, and other content provided by us through this website are the copyrighted property of KOBE BUSSAN or its licensors, and that are protected by Japanese copyright law and international treaties.
(2) The user shall not exploit the copyrighted materials or trademarks on this website for purposes that go beyond the limits of private use allowed by the Copyright Law of Japan, in any manner without our prior consent.
(3) Unless otherwise specified, all copyrights and intellectual property rights in the content of this website are either owned by us or its licensors. All copyright and other intellectual property rights regarding this website, which is treated as a collection of separate content elements, in the broadest sense are owned by us.
(4) The user shall not reproduce or incorporate any information obtained from the use of the services offered on this website (including all images, designs, texts, and other content of this website) into any other website or printed media without prior permission from us and copyright holders. Additionally, such information shall not be duplicated, published, commercially exploited, or otherwise made available to third parties in any manner or for any purpose that goes beyond the limits of private use.
 Disclaimer of Warranties
1. All services are provided "as-is" and without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, to the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, we do not make any warranties or representations regarding the use of contents of this website or services in terms of their reliability, truthfulness, or lawfulness.
2. By using the services, the user agrees to this Terms and Conditions on their own responsibility.
Unless otherwise agreed between the user and us, in no case will we accept responsibility for any damage, loss or disadvantage suffered by the user or a third party by use or non-use of this website.
3. In case where we are responsible for the notification to the user, such notification shall be considered to be received by the user by contacting him/her via e-mail address or mailing address that the user have registered on this website. Similarly, in case where we are responsible for delivering products after is purchase made, such delivery shall be deemed to be delivered to the user by delivering ordered products to the mailing address registered by the user.
4. We are not responsible in any way whatsoever and will not respond to any inquiries regarding problems with screen malfunction resulting from the use of browsers.
5. The user shall bear all expenses incurred to install the necessary computer and telecommunications equipment, telephone costs, LAN charges and application fees required to use the services.
6. We do not make any warranties as to the completeness, accuracy, usefulness, timeliness, integrity, operability, and security of any information we collect.
7. We are not responsible in any way whatsoever for loss, corruption or alteration of the data accumulated by the user on this website.
8. We reserve the right to vary, cancel or terminate this Terms and Conditions and any content or information contained within the services at any time without prior notice to the user, and the user shall agree to this. If this results in any disadvantage or loss on the part of users, we shall not be responsible for such disadvantage or loss.
9. We and this website make no guarantee or representation of any kind, whether express or implied as regard to our point awarding system. In no event will we be liable for any damage or loss that may arise from the use of points due to failure of some communication channels, power outages or computer glitch, and for any damage or loss incurred to the users as a result of or in connection with the information contained on this website.
10. We take security seriously. However, we cannot rule out risks such as information leakage, etc.
11. If this Terms and Conditions corresponds to the consumer contract within the meaning of Article 2 (3) of the Consumer Contract Act of Japan, the provisions herein that totally exempt us from all liability shall not apply. In such a case, if the user suffers damage that is due to a default of obligation or unlawful act on the part of us, then we will assume liability with regard to direct damages not exceeding the fees that users have paid to us, except where there has been an intentional act or gross negligence on our part.
 Governing Law
This website can be accessed from other countries around the world which may have laws that differ from those of Japan. By accessing this website, users and KOBE BUSSAN agree that all matters relating to use of this website shall be governed by the internal laws of Japan, without regard to the conflicts of laws principles thereof.
Accessing this website is deemed to be done at the free will of the users who make access, and liability for the use of the website belongs to the users.
Japanese law shall apply to the establishment, effectiveness, interpretation and implementation of this Terms and Conditions, product purchase contract or other agreement.
1. We generally make contact with users through email.
2. Any disputes involving this services which cannot be solved by this Terms and Conditions, shall be solved through genuine dialogue between users and KOBE BUSSAN.
Users may return and exchange a product purchased on this website only if the returned/exchanged product satisfies the conditions set forth in the clause ; however, they may not make any claim against us for damages or losses resulting from the return/exchange of the product. Users may declare a default or may claim for compensation for damage inflicted by unlawful actions, only if willful misconduct and gross negligence on our part can be proven.
3. Any dispute between users and us in relation to the use of the services will be the exclusive jurisdiction of the Kobe District Court in Japan in the first instance.
4. If the user is obliged to compensate for damages incurred to us due to default in payment of the purchase price or the breach of this Terms and Conditions, the user shall be solely liable for the legal fees incurred to us as a result of hiring a lawyer to resolve a legal dispute.
If you have any inquiries about our product offerings on this website, please inform us using the "Contact Us" form.
This Terms and Conditions are effective as of April 1, 2017.
Last updated on July 25, 2019